Learn What Your Vehicle’s Warning Lights Mean
When you start your vehicle, you see an array of symbols illuminated on the dashboard. These lights typically turn off right away, but on occasion they remain lit. Dashboard lights are generally color-coded in red, yellow, and green. Red indicates a potential safety issue or problem and should get your attention right away. Yellow or orange usually means something needs to be serviced soon, but not immediately. Green or blue dashboard lights are typically just a visual cue that a system is operational.
Many lights are simply an indication of vehicle systems working or alerts to fluids that need attention.
- Traction Control: The vehicle’s traction control system is engaged.
- Fuel Indicator: You are running low on fuel.
- Airbag Indicator: There may be an issue with an airbag or the airbag system.
- Seatbelt Reminder: Please buckle your seatbelt.
- Fog Lamp Indicator: Your fog lights are on.
- Washer Fluid Indicator: Washer fluid level is low and should be refilled.
These lights typically advise you of potential problems with your vehicle.
- Engine Temperature Warning Light: Your engine is too hot.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light: The pressure in one or more tires is too low and needs to be addressed.
- Oil Pressure Warning Light: Your engine is running low on oil or there is a problem with the oil pressure system.
- Check Engine Light: Indicates the engine computer has a diagnostic problem. A variety of issues can activate your engine light some minor and some more serious so it should be inspected as soon as possible.
- Anti-lock Brake Warning: Your anti-lock brake system needs to be diagnosed and fixed.
You Can Count on Roesch CJDR
When you experience any of these dashboard indicator lights, you can rely on Larry Roesch Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to quickly and properly diagnose your vehicle. Our reliable service department features a state-of-art facility and exclusively uses authentic OEM parts for all repairs. Our dealership has serviced the community for over 90 years. Visit our dealership at 200 W. Grand Avenue in Elmhurst for all your sales and service needs. Schedule an appointment online or at (630) 333-9121.